PILOT PROGRAM FOR EVALUATION OF STRUCTURAL ADEQUACY OF FLEXIBLE PAVEMENTS FOR COUNTIES AND MUNICIPALITIES
Using presently available technology, methodology was developed for evaluating flexible pavement on a system basis. It was hoped that the results could be used for setting more realistic load restrictions and designing and programming improvements on a priority basis. Data were collected on about 125 miles (200 km) of roadway in each of three counties and on about one mile (1.6 km) of street in each of six municipalities. Data consisted of a traffic study and a structural study. (FHWA)
St Paul, MN United States 55155
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Lukanen, E O
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 94 p.
- TRT Terms: Design standards; Flexible pavements; Load limits; Pavement design; Structural analysis
- Uncontrolled Terms: Structural adequacy
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Pavements; I22: Design of Pavements, Railways and Guideways; I23: Properties of Road Surfaces;
- Accession Number: 00345082
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-80-S01161 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: Invoice No. 650
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jan 29 1982 12:00AM