STOL NOISE PREDICTION AND ATTENUATION MODELS IN SUPPORT OF REGULATORY EFFORT
For Commercial STOL Aircraft the most critical design parameter is the noise level. This paper discusses the impact of existing and expected noise regulations on the development of STOL aircraft. Models for STOL noise prediction are presented, as well as noise reduction mechanisms and a ranking of V/STOL aircraft noise sources. The report was presented as part of short course in STOL Technology 'STOL Aircraft Technology and The Community', jointly sponsored by the University of Tennessee Space Institute and the Technical University of Aachen, Germany. Participants included Nationals of Germany, Canada, United Kingdom as well as industry participants throughout the U.S. (Author)
- Presented at Joint International Short Course; 'STOL Aircraft Technology and the Community', 22-26 Apr 74.
- Power, J K
- Publication Date: 1974-4
- Pagination: 86 p.
- Accession Number: 00056963
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-RD-74-70 Final Rpt
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1974 12:00AM