COMPILATION OF AIR POLLUTANT EMISSION FACTORS: HIGHWAY MOBILE SOURCES
This is the Compilation of Air Pollutant Emission Factors: Highway Mobile Sources, March 1981 (EPA 460/3-81-005) document. It summarizes the emission factors and calculation methodologies used in the MOBILE2 computer program. The emission factors are presented for eight individual vehicle types in three regions of the country. This document describes the basic test procedures used to collect the hydrocarbon (HC), carbon monoxide (CO), and oxides of nitrogen (NOx) emissions and the generalized emission factors calculation equations. The emissions presented in this document are the basic exhaust emissions, the crankcase and evaporative HC emissions, January 1 basic exhaust emission levels, and idle exhaust emissions. Further, non-methane HC fractions and particulates are presented. In addition to the standard test procedure emissions, emission correction factors are presented to adjust the emissions for various ambient and vehicle usage conditions such as speed, temperature, and humidity for NOx.
Environmental Protection AgencyTest and Evaluation Branch, 2565 Plymouth Road
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48105
- Publication Date: 1981-3
- Pagination: 408 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Carbon monoxide; Computer programs; Exhaust gases; Gasoline; Highways; Humidity; Hydrocarbons; Motor vehicles; Motorcycles; Nitric oxide; Nitrogen oxides; Particles; Particulates; Speed; Tables (Data); Temperature; Trucks
- Geographic Terms: California
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Motor Carriers; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00344643
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA-460/3-81-005 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 22 1982 12:00AM