TRANSIT EXPRESSWAY REPORT: PHASE II
Transit Expressway envisions a system operating on fixed guideways with continuous headways as close as 90 seconds. The system is based on operating compact, minimum weight vehicles to provide economy of operations in off-peak hours and still maintain high frequency service. The all electric fully automated vehicles resemble buses and run on 4 pairs of driven pneumatic tires. The project is comprised of 9,360 foot long main guideway, principally on an aerial structure with a short section of at-grade guideway. Forms complete loop with stations at north and south ends. Rolling stock is 3 vehicles operated simultaneously or singularly. Specific discussion of test includes spur roadway with 10% grade, emergency walkway, grounding. Conclusions and recommendations are delineated. Appendices contain a glossary and summary of Phase I report.
- See also report on Phase 1, PB-174 757 and shorter version dated 20 Feb 67, PB-231 021.
MPC CorporationPittsburgh, PA United States
- Publication Date: 1973-6
- Pagination: 284 p.
- TRT Terms: Intelligent transportation systems; Personal rapid transit
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00056959
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1981 12:00AM