A REFINED TECHNIQUE FOR MEASURING MOTORCYCLE BRAKING PERFORMANCE BY THE TOW METHOD. VOLUME I: TECHNICAL REPORT
A method for measuring the braking performance of motorcycles was refined and a complete package of test hardware was constructed and demonstrated. The refined tow-test apparatus is much lighter than the original system and requires no special adaptation for testing any conventional motorcycle. In demonstration testing, performance measurements were made on three motorcycles representing the range of vehicle weights. Tests showed that the new procedures and hardware were quite satisfactory.
- See also Volume 2, PB81-247934.
University of Michigan, Ann ArborHighway Safety Research Institute
Ann Arbor, MI United States
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Ervin, R D
- Campbell, J D
- Publication Date: 1981-5
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 190 p.
- TRT Terms: Brakes; Braking; Equipment tests; Measurement; Motorcycles; Performance; Performance tests; Testing equipment; Vehicle performance
- Old TRIS Terms: Test equipment
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I95: Vehicle Inspection;
- Accession Number: 00344446
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UM-HSRI-81-23-1 Final Rpt., HS-805 958
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-9-02314
- Files: HSL, NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1982 12:00AM