SMALL CAR FRONT SEAT PASSENGER INFLATABLE RESTRAINT SYSTEM. VOLUME II. CITATION AIR BAG SYSTEMS
The report presents the results of the development and evaluation of five automotive occupant air cushion restraints systems. The vehicles were a Chevrolet Citation and Dodge Omni, for which both driver and passenger restraint systems were developed, and a Chevrolet Chevette, for which only a passenger restraint system was developed. The systems were developed during a series of sled tests, and evaluated in vehicle barrier impacts.
- See also Volume 1, PB81-242588.
Minicars, Incorporated55 Depot Road
Goleta, CA United States 93117
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Zinke, D T
- Publication Date: 1981-4
- Pagination: 330 p.
- TRT Terms: Air bags; Air cushion vehicles; Automobiles; Barriers (Roads); Compact automobiles; Crash tests; Evaluation; Front seats; Inflatable structures; Passive restraint systems; Safety; Tests
- Uncontrolled Terms: Barriers
- Old TRIS Terms: Air cushion; Sleds; Small car
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00344433
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FR-1079-04-81-VOL-2 Final Rpt., DOT-HS-805-944
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-8-01809
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1981 12:00AM