SMALL CAR FRONT SEAT PASSENGER INFLATABLE RESTRAINT SYSTEM. VOLUME I. INTERIM RESULTS
Three front seat air cushion restraint systems were developed for small cars: one (a front passenger restraint) for the Chevrolet Chevette, and two (driver and front passenger restraints) for the Dodge Omni. The systems were developed primarily through a series of sled tests and were evaluated in vehicle barrier impacts. This Interim Report covers the progress of this program through October 1980.
- See also Volume 2, PB81-242596.
Minicars, Incorporated55 Depot Road
Goleta, CA United States 93117
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Zinke, D T
- Publication Date: 1981-4
- Pagination: 429 p.
- TRT Terms: Air bags; Air cushion vehicles; Automobiles; Barriers (Roads); Compact automobiles; Crash tests; Development; Evaluation; Front seats; Inflatable structures; Passive restraint systems; Research; Safety; Tests
- Uncontrolled Terms: Barriers; Research and development
- Old TRIS Terms: Air cushion; Sleds; Small car
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00344432
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FR-1079-04-81-VOL-1 Final Rpt., DOT-HS-805-943
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-8-01809
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1982 12:00AM