STATE-OF-THE ART GUIDELINE MANUAL FOR DESIGN, QUALITY CONTROL, AND CONSTRUCTION OF SULFUR-EXTENDED-ASPHALT (SEA) PAVEMENTS
Sulfur-Extended-Asphalt (SEA) binders save asphalt, a potential energy source, by replacing some asphalt in conventional flexible pavement mixes with sulfur. These new binders appear to possess properties comparable to asphalt. The guideline manual provides the highway community in both public and private organizations with the most definitive state-of-the-art guidelines extant for using these binders. Information on design, construction, quality control, equipment, mixing plants, specifications, and safety is included. Administrators and professionals in pavement construction, design, maintenance, and materials testing will be the personnel who are most interested in the manual.
- Prepared in cooperation with Sulphur Inst., Washington, DC.
Bureau of MinesMetallurgy Research Lab
Boulder City, NV United States
Washington, DC United States 20590
- McBee, W C
- Sullivan, T A
- Izatt, J O
- Publication Date: 1980-8
- Pagination: 61 p.
- TRT Terms: Asphalt; Asphalt plants; Construction; Flexible pavements; Mixing; Mixtures; Quality control; Specifications; Structural design; Sulfur
- Subject Areas: Construction; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00344430
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA/IP-80-14
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 2002 12:00AM