THEORETICAL AERODYNAMIC CHARACTERISTICS OF VEHICLES IN CONFINED SPACES
The report has been prepared under the Transit Development Corporation (TDC) project, 'Ventilation and Environmental Control in Subway Rapid Transit Systems,' and is one of many such reports leading to the final product--a 'Subway Environmental Design Handbook.' It describes the results of a theoretical effort pertaining to the non-steady flow in a tunnel induced by a moving vehicle. A study is made of the entry problem and the problem of a vented tube.
- Prepared by California Inst. of Tech., Pasadena. Graduate Aeronautical Labs.
Transit Development Corporation, Incorporated1000 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20036
- Publication Date: 1974-3
- Pagination: 39 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamics; Drag forces; Pneumatic conveyors; Rapid transit; Subways; Tunnels; Ventilation systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Tube vehicle systems
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Highways; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00056954
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech Rpt, UMTA-DC-06-0010
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-290
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 2003 12:00AM