TRANSIT OPERATOR GUIDELINES FOR TRANSFER POLICY DESIGN
The report provides guidelines to aid transit operators in the design of policies to accommodate bus and/or rail transfers. The effects of eleven types of transfer policy actions are discussed. The report also identifies situations or settings in which particular transfer policies can most beneficially be applied.
Charles River Associates, Incorporated200 Clarendon Street, John Hancock Tower
Boston, MA United States 02116
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1980-6
- Pagination: 120 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus transportation; Buses; Development; Facilities; Guidelines; Policy; Railroad transportation; Transfers; Transit operators; Transportation policy; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Transferring
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Motor Carriers; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation; Railroads; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00344417
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-UMTA-81-29 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1406
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1982 12:00AM