SURVEY OF FIRE MODELING EFFORTS WITH APPLICATION TO TRANSPORTATION VEHICLES
This report presents the results of a survey of analytical fire models with applications pertinent to fires in the compartments of transportation vehicles; a brief discussion of the background of fire phenomena and an overview of various fire modeling concepts are also included. Six analytical fire models have been identified and the basic model design and construction of each is presented along with the data input requirements and output format.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Hathaway, W T
- Publication Date: 1981-7
- Pagination: 89 p.
- TRT Terms: Combustion; Computer programming; Emergency vehicles; Fire prevention; Fires; Flame propagation; Flammability tests; Heat flux; Heat radiation; Loss and damage; Mathematical models; Rapid transit cars; Safety; Testing
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fire damage
- Old TRIS Terms: Passenger car design/rail; Public service vehicles
- Subject Areas: Highways; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00344410
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-OST-81-4 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1982 12:00AM