RECOMMENDATIONS REGARDING THE SELECTION OF IDLE EMISSION CUTPOINTS FOR INSPECTION AND MAINTENANCE PROGRAMS REQUIRING ONLY CARBON MONOXIDE EMISSION REDUCTIONS
This report is a supplement to EPA-AA-IMS/81-1, "Recommendations Regarding the Selection of Idle Emission Inspection Cutpoints for Inspection and Maintenance Programs", which was developed as a part of EPA's Model Program guidance. The original report described methods for selecting HC and CO cutpoints given an idle emission data base, and recommended specific HC and CO cutpoints by model year groupings for desired program failure rates. The recommended cutpoints in the original report were intended for use in I/M programs in areas which require only HC, or both HC and CO, emission reduction in order to attain the National Ambient Air Quality Standard for ozone, or ozone and CO. This report is intended to aid I/M programs which only require CO reductions in the selection of cutpoints, prediction of failure rates, and estimation of I/M emission benefits. Its recommendations are therefore applicable to I/M in areas that have already attained the ozone standard or that are projected to attain the ozone standard by 1982 without I/M.
Environmental Protection AgencyInspection and Maintenance Staff, 2565 Plymouth Road
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48105
- Vintilla, S
- Publication Date: 1981-5
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Automobiles; Carbon monoxide; Engine idling; Exhaust gases; Hydrocarbons; Inspection; Maintenance; Motor vehicles; Ozone; Performance evaluations; Standards; Vehicle maintenance
- Old TRIS Terms: Idling
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00344270
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA-AA-IMS-81-13 Tech Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1982 12:00AM