EPA EVALUATION OF THE GASTELL DEVICE UNDER SECTION 511 OF THE MOTOR VEHICLE INFORMATION AND COST SAVINGS ACT
This document announces the conclusions of the EPA evaluation of the "Gastell" device under provisions of section 511 of the Motor Vehicle Information and Cost Savings Act. On November 11, 1979, the EPA received a request from Automotive Devices, Inc. for evaluation of a fuel saving device termed "Gastell". This device is designed to provide the vehicle operator visual and audible indications of inefficient engine operating conditions so that the fuel-conscious drivers can modify their driving habits to obtain improved efficiency. An evaluation has been made and the results are described in this report.
Environmental Protection AgencyTest and Evaluation Branch, 2565 Plymouth Road
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48105
- BARTH, E A
- Publication Date: 1981-2
- Pagination: 123 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceleration (Mechanics); Automobiles; Driver information systems; Economic efficiency; Fuel consumption; Performance evaluations; Reduction (Chemistry); Sensors; Vehicle power plants; Warning systems
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines; Reduction
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I96: Vehicle Operating Costs;
- Accession Number: 00344102
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA-AA-TEB-511-81-8 Tech Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1982 12:00AM