LANDOVER METROBUS GARAGE FACILITY; SUBSURFACE INVESTIGATION
Results are summarized herein of 36 test borings made at the site of the planned Landover Metrobus Garage Facility which is located adjacent to Pennsy Drive, approximately 1500 feet northeast of the existing Landover Metro station in Prince Georges County, Maryland. The report includes a group of geologic sections at the location of the planned bus garage structure and bus parking lot. Also included are logs of the test borings, results of laboratory tests on soil samples and comments on potential design and construction problems.
- Prepared in cooperation with Deleuw, Cather and Co., Washington, DC.
Mueser, Rutledge, Johnston and DeSimone415 Madison Avenue
New York, NY United States 10017
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority600 Fifth Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1981-6-9
- Pagination: 53 p.
- TRT Terms: Boring; Buses; Construction; Design; Foundations; Garages; General surface features of the earth; Geological surveying; Geophysical prospecting; Maintenance facilities; Properties of materials; Rapid transit; Soil tests; Soils; Surveying; Surveying; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
- Uncontrolled Terms: Soil properties
- Old TRIS Terms: Construction problems; Geologic sections; Geophysical surveys; Rapid transit railways; Subsurface explorations
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Geotechnology; Materials; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Terminals and Facilities; I50: Construction and Supervision of Construction;
- Accession Number: 00344082
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MRJD-81-174, Report No. 9
- Contract Numbers: WMATA-3Z725S
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1982 12:00AM