REPORT ON RAIL AND MARINE INTERFACE AT THE PORT OF BALTIMORE
The report examines the elements of cost, time and distance involved in the interface of marine terminal operations with those of the rail carriers for the Baltimore port complex specifically as they relate to the U.S. operators. The purpose of the report was to analyze and evaluate the rail carrier/ocean carrier interchange of equipment and recommend actions to them which would contribute towards a more efficient and economical intermodal transport system and assist in further enhancing the competitiveness of the American merchant marine.
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1973-11
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: International trade; Marine terminals; Port structures; Ports; Railroad transportation
- Geographic Terms: Baltimore (Maryland)
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056941
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-GEN-711-74048
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1974 12:00AM