SYSTEMS OPERATION STUDIES FOR AUTOMATED GUIDEWAY TRANSIT SYSTEMS. AVAILABILITY MODEL FUNCTIONAL SPECIFICATION
The System Availability Model (SAM) is a system-level model which provides measures of vehicle and passenger availability. The SAM will be used to evaluate the system-level influence of availability concepts employed in AGT systems. This functional specification identifies the functions performed, the types of hardware required, and the modeling techniques employed by the SAM. This model is sufficiently flexible to aid transportation system planners in AGT system selection.
- Record URL:
- See also PB81-233504 and PB81-233520. Also available in set of 5 reports PC E15, PB81-233488.
General Motors CorporationWarren, MI United States 48090
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Linden, T M
- Boldig, J D
- Publication Date: 1981-6
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Pagination: 54 p.
- TRT Terms: Automated guideway transit; Computer programming; Headways; Mathematical models; Needs assessment; Operations; Passenger terminals; Planning; Public transit; Rapid transit; Ridership; Scheduling; Specifications; Supply; Transit vehicle operations; Transportation; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Travel demand; Travel patterns
- Identifier Terms: FORTRAN (Computer program language)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Availability; Transportation management; Transportation models; User needs
- Old TRIS Terms: Operations planning; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General); I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00343735
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-UMTA-81-15 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1220
- Files: NTL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 28 1982 12:00AM