DEVELOPMENT OF A COST-EFFECTIVENESS MODEL FOR GUARDRAIL SELECTION. VOLUME I. TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATION
The research was conducted to develop a cost-effectiveness model for guardrail selection that includes cost parameters for eleven (11) guardrail configurations and criteria for analysis of system effectiveness under various dynamic impact conditions. This volume includes the data collection and analysis and technical documentation for quantification of the pertinent parameters and development of the computer algorithm.
- See also Executive Summary, PB81-228348 and Volume 2, PB81-228363. Also available in set of 3 reports PC E19, PB81-228330.
Southwest Research Institute6220 Culebra Road, P.O. Drawer 28510
San Antonio, TX United States 78228-0510
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Calcote, L R
- Publication Date: 1980-1
- Pagination: 154 p.
- TRT Terms: Cost effectiveness; Cost engineering; Crash injury research; Crash tests; Crashes; Design; Dynamic tests; Highways; Mathematical models; Research; Shape; Shock resistance; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Configuration; Design criteria; Impact strength
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00343674
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-78-74, SwRI03-4309
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8827
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 28 2003 12:00AM