SUBCOMPACT VEHICLE TESTS WITH INFLATABLE RESTRAINTS. VOLUME II. TECHNICAL REPORT
A test project was conducted to gather information on the performance potential of inflatable occupant restraint systems (IORS) in subcompact sedans in full scale vehicle crash conditions. Twelve barrier impact tests were performed with 1972 Ford Pinto vehicles, two of these tests using lap/shoulder belt restraint systems for dummies and the remaining ten using two different types of IORS. Data were compared to FMVSS 208 requirements, evaluated for repeatability, and analyzed for occupant injury potential. Acquired on each test were electronic data for vehicle and dummy responses, normal (sound-speed) and high-speed movie coverage, and 35 mm black-and-white photographs and slides.
- See also PB-226 231, and PB-230 903.
Agbabian Associates250 North Nash Street
El Segundo, CA United States 90245
- McKibben, J S
- Barclay, B
- Carlson, L E
- Publication Date: 1973-12
- Pagination: 273 p.
- Accession Number: 00056933
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AA-R-7213-3016-Vol-2Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-066-1-185
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1974 12:00AM