AUGMENTATION OF RESEARCH AND ANALYSIS CAPABILITIES FOR TIMELY SUPPORT OF AUTOMOTIVE FUEL ECONOMY ACTIVITIES. VOLUME III - APPENDIX D
A series of research tasks were undertaken to assess the potential fuel economy improvements for passenger cars and light trucks during the 1980 to 1985 time frame, and later to 1990. Supported by NHTSA's fuel economy activity, this program provided analytical capabilities in the areas of automotive technology, product planning, manufacturing costs and transportation energy economics. Volumes II and III, as appendices, contain detailed assessments of those subject areas not reported previously under NTIS. These subjects are: tire rolling resistance, aerodynamic drag, and improved lubricants; manufacturing and consumer costs; unregulated diesel emission research; and alternate means of petroleum conservation.
- See also Volume 2, PB81-219487. Also available in set of 3 reports PC E15, PB81-219461.
Corporate-Tech Planning, Incorporated275 Wyman Street
Waltham, MA United States 02154
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Taylor, T J
- Publication Date: 1980-12
- Pagination: 204 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamics; Analysis; Automobiles; Conservation; Costs; Development; Diesel fuels; Drag; Exhaust gases; Fuel consumption; Industrial plants; Light trucks; Lubricants; Petroleum; Research; Rolling; Rolling friction; Tires; Vehicle power plants; Weight
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Research and development
- Old TRIS Terms: Industrial plant efficiencies; Motor vehicle engines; Resistance; Weight control
- Subject Areas: Energy; Environment; Finance; Geotechnology; Highways; Research; Vehicles and Equipment; I96: Vehicle Operating Costs;
- Accession Number: 00343656
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-805-905 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-7-01789
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 28 1982 12:00AM