NATIONAL CENTER FOR STATISTICS AND ANALYSIS COLLECTED TECHNICAL STUDIES, VOLUME 1. ACCIDENT DATA ANALYSIS OF VEHICLE CRASHWORTHINESS-TEN PAPERS
The ten papers in this volume analyze accident data to address different aspects of vehicle crashworthiness. All ten were prepared by members of the Crashworthiness Group, Mathematical Analysis Division, National Center for Statistics and Analysis, between January 1980 and January 1981. Each paper addresses a specific issue of concern to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Rulemaking program. They concentrate on exploratory problem definition and quantification: they describe and analyze how passenger vehicle occupants, motorcyclists, and pedestrains are killed and injured, thus assisting in the search for ways to improve vehicle crashworthiness. The principal accident data sources are the Fatal Accident Reporting System (FARS), the National Crash Severity Study (NCSS), the National Accident Sampling system (NASS), and the Pedestrian Injury Causation Study (PICS).
- See also Volume 2, PB81-219412.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Blodgett, R
- BONDY, N
- McGuigan, R
- Najjar, D
- Partyka, S
- Publication Date: 1981-4
- Pagination: 361 p.
- TRT Terms: Buses; Crash investigation; Crashes; Crashworthiness; Data analysis; Fatalities; Fires; Information systems; Injuries; Injury severity; Mathematical analysis; Motor vehicles; Motorcycles; Motorcyclists; Pedestrians; Statistical analysis; Trucks; Vehicle occupants
- Identifier Terms: National Accident Sampling System
- Uncontrolled Terms: Severity
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Motor Carriers; Passenger Transportation; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I81: Accident Statistics; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00343639
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-805-883 Tech Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 28 1982 12:00AM