THE ROLE OF VISION AND AUDITION IN TRUCK AND BUS DRIVING
A systematic analysis was made of the visual and auditory requirement of commercial carrier driving, based upon a review of the scientific literature, a detailed examination of the driving task, and observations of and interviews with qualified drivers. As a result of this analysis, new visual performance measures dealing with perception of motion and dynamic performance of the total visual system were identified as important to driving. A device was designed and constructed that provided the capability of testing performance on these new visual performance parameters as well as on selected conventional measures.
System Development Corporation2500 Colorado Avenue
Santa Monica, CA United States 90409
- Henderson, R L
- BURG, A
- Publication Date: 1973-12-30
- Pagination: 180 p.
- Accession Number: 00056931
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: SDC-TM-L-5260/000/00Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: FH-11-7923
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1974 12:00AM