URBAN GOODS MOVEMENT: AN OVERVIEW AND BIBLIOGRAPHY. FINAL REPORT
This report presents the results of a detailed review of the literature on urban goods movement (UGM) published in North America between 1970 and 1980. The overview includes an examination of the scope of the UGM problem, data collection, planning methodologies, government policies, regulations, proposed solutions, and areas for further research. The proposed solutions discussed in detail are transportation system management strategies, freight consolidation, and off-hours delivery. The literature search was conducted using manual and computer-based techniques. The Appendices include a list of North American publications not reviewed in the project and a list of non-North American publications.
- See also PB81-210460.
Pennsylvania State University, University ParkPennsylvania Transportation Institute, Transportation Research Building
University Park, PA United States 16802
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationUniversity Research and Training Program, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Crowley, K W
- Sweeney, D G
- Ricondo, R
- Brugnoli, I P
- Helmsworth, M C
- Publication Date: 1980-12
- Pagination: 115 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Cities; Cities and towns; Common carriers; Freight transportation; Highway transportation; Intermodal terminals; Laws and legislation; Off peak periods; Physical distribution; Policy; Programming (Planning); Railroads; Regulations; Research projects; Transportation; Transportation planning; Transportation system management; Trucks; Urban areas; Urban goods movement
- Uncontrolled Terms: Distribution systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Government policies; Off-peak; Terminal facilities
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Transportation (General); I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00343608
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PTI-8016-F, UMTA-PA-11-0020-81-2
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 28 1982 12:00AM