USER'S GUIDE: COMPUTER PROGRAM FOR OPTIMAL DESIGN AND ANALYSIS OF PILE FOUNDATIONS (PILEOPT)
The computer program PILEOPT has been developed to aid the pile foundation designer in the Corps of Engineers. PILEOPT is capable of analyzing a pile foundation using the method of Hrennikoff as extended to three-dimensions by Saul. In addition to analyzing, PILEOPT computes an optimal placement of the piles in the foundation. The optimization of the pile foundation layout is based upon minimizing the cost of the piling using a Nelder and Mead procedure within the limitations of pile loads and pile cap displacements specified by the user.
U.S. Army Waterways Experiment Station3909 Halls Ferry Road
Vicksburg, MS United States 39180-6199
- Hill, J L
- Publication Date: 1981-3
- Pagination: 165 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Computer aided design; Computer graphics; Computer program documentation; Computer programs; Cost effectiveness; Data collection; Dislocation (Geology); Elasticity (Mechanics); Formatting; Foundations; Guides to information; Loads; Mathematical models; Needs assessment; Numerical analysis; Optimization; Pile caps; Pile foundations; Piles (Supports); Solutions (Chemistry); Stiffness
- Uncontrolled Terms: Formats; Parameters; User needs
- Old TRIS Terms: Foundations structures; Guides; Low costs; Pile structures; Solutions general
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Geotechnology; Highways; I24: Design of Bridges and Retaining Walls; I42: Soil Mechanics;
- Accession Number: 00343466
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: WES-INSTRUCTION-K815Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 28 1981 12:00AM