DYNAMOMETER AND TRACK MEASUREMENT OF PASSENGER CAR FUEL ECONOMY
This report is an analysis of data obtained under a testing program conducted by the EPA. The analysis deals with a subject of the wide range of factors that contribute to fuel economy differences measured on a road in consumer service as compared to EPA estimates using a dynamometer. Specifically, this report analyzes the relationship between the fuel economy of production cars tested on dynamometer equipment and the fuel economy they achieve when operated over the same driving sequence on a test track. The test track simulates a subset of driving conditions that might be encountered in actual driving.
Falcon Research and Development1 American Drive
Buffalo, NY United States 14225
Environmental Protection AgencyControl Technology Assessment and Characterization Branch
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48105
- Bernard, J
- Kaufman, S
- Publication Date: 1981-3
- Pagination: 137 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis of variance; Automobiles; Driving simulators; Dynamometers; Fuel consumption; Performance evaluations; Road tests; Test tracks
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I96: Vehicle Operating Costs;
- Accession Number: 00343359
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA-460/3-81-002 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: EPA-68-03-2835
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 28 1982 12:00AM