USER'S GUIDE: COMPUTER PROGRAM FOR DESIGN AND ANALYSIS OF CAST-IN-PLACE TUNNEL LININGS (NEWTUN)
This user's guide describes and gives instructions for using the computer program NEWTUN. The purpose of NEWTUN is to analyze tunnels with continuous cross section. NEWTUN is a revision of an existing general-purpose program called EFFRAM which analyzes plane frame structures on elastic foundations. This interactive computer program uses the stiffness method of structural analysis and the theory of beam elements on an elastic foundation.
U.S. Army Waterways Experiment Station3909 Halls Ferry Road
Vicksburg, MS United States 39180-6199
- Holtham, W J
- Fay, J R
- Publication Date: 1981-3
- Pagination: 68 p.
- TRT Terms: Beams; Cast in place structures; Casting; Coefficients; Computer aided design; Computer program documentation; Computer programs; Computers; Cross sections; Elasticity (Mechanics); Foundations; Framed structures; Manuals; Needs assessment; Specifications; Stiffness; Structural analysis; Structural design; Tunnel lining; Tunnels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Tunnel design; User needs
- Old TRIS Terms: Beams (Structural); Foundations structures; Interactive computers; Stiffness methods (Structural)
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Design; Highways; Public Transportation; I25: Design of Tunnels;
- Accession Number: 00343292
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: WES-INSTRUCTION-K814Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 28 1982 12:00AM