ON THE MOBILITY OF PEOPLE LIVING IN THE PARISIAN SUBURBS MOBILITE DES HABITANTS DE LA BANLIEUE PARISIENNE
The problem of modeling the mobility of people, considering their overall needs for urban transportation in function of their activities and of their socio-economic environment, is approached statistically. Travel behavior is described for a sample of 1600 people polled by questionnaire. The coding and multidimensional analysis techniques employed are explained and shown well-adapted to the complexity of the phenomena studied. Six factors which differentiate the travel behavior of people are indentified. The sample group is then classified into nine subgroups of mobility which are subsequently typified and hierarchically arranged. A time-space structured estimation of demand on public transportation can thus be obtained.
Ecole Nationale Superieure des Telecommunications46 rue Barrault
75634 Paris Cedex 13, France
National Aeronautics and Space Administration400 Maryland Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20546
- Lefoll, Y
- Molina, J M
- Publication Date: 1980-10
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: City planning; Data collection; Distributions (Statistics); Mobility; Passengers; Rapid transit; Research; Socioeconomic factors; Statistical analysis; Suburbs; Surveys; Traffic; Transportation planning; Travel behavior; Travel demand; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Geographic Terms: Paris (France)
- Old TRIS Terms: Urban research
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Economics; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Research; Society; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00343172
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ENST-C-80004 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 28 1982 12:00AM