FOUNDATION ENGINEERING HANDBOOK
The report provides guidelines for investigation and design of foundations for structures, with emphasis on bridge foundations. It covers field investigation reports; subsurface investigations; reduction of field data; footing analysis; piling analysis and backfill and foundation analysis for culverts. The study includes many diagrams and tables; a list of references consulted; glossary of symbols; appendices; example problems and a field investigation report example.
US Forest ServiceMissoula Technology and Development Center
5785 Highway 10 West
Missoula, MT United States 59808-9361
- Prellwitz, R
- Publication Date: 1981-2
- Pagination: 405 p.
- TRT Terms: Backfilling; Bridge foundations; Bridge piers; Culverts; Footings; Foundation engineering; Foundations; Geological surveying; Handbooks; Pile foundations; Piles (Supports); Transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Backfills; Subsurface explorations
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Geotechnology; Transportation (General); I41: General Soil Surveys; I42: Soil Mechanics;
- Accession Number: 00343118
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 28 1982 12:00AM