EXTENDED SYSTEM OPERATIONS STUDIES FOR AUTOMATED GUIDEWAY TRANSIT SYSTEMS: PLAN FOR TASK 5--DPM FAILURE MANAGEMENT
The purpose of Task 5 in the Extended System Operations Studies Project, DPM Failure Management, is to enhance the capabilities of the Downtown People Mover Simulation (DPMS) and the Discrete Event Simulation Model (DESM) by increasing the failure modeling detail of these processors so that a variety of failure management strategies can be evaluated in terms of total vehicle and passenger delay. The purposes of this planning document are to list the major failure management strategies that are currently being considered in engineering studies of DPMs and to propose software modifications, in functional terms, and analysis techniques that will permit modeling of as many of these strategies as possible.
General Motors Technical CenterWarren, MI United States 48090
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Duke, J F
- LEE, R A
- Publication Date: 1981-6
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Algorithms; Automated guideway transit; Failure; Failure analysis; Passenger transportation; People movers; Rapid transit; Reliability; Simulation; Transportation operations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation management
- Old TRIS Terms: Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00343072
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-UMTA-80-28 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1783
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 16 1981 12:00AM