INFORMATION TO SERVE AS A BASIS FOR DISCUSSION OF SPECIFICATIONS FOR ASPHALT SOLUTIONS (UNDERLAG FOER DISKUSSION AV SPECIFIKATIONER FOER ASFALTLOESNINGAR: RESULTAT FRAN DESTILLATIONSANALYSER AV ASFALTLOESNINGAR AV OLIKA SAMMANSAETTNING)
A committee on binding agents set up by the Nordic Technical Highways Association to develop methods of testing and specifications for such agents drew up a proposal on asphalt specifications which now is under consideration in the Swedish Highways Department. The committee now has intensified its work on asphalt solutions and road oil and is beginning on emulsions in a special working group. The committee agreed that the distillate should be reported as a percentage of the number of samples for distillation analyses, as in the case of road oil, and not as a percentage of total distillate up to 360 C according to the specifications currently in force. Distillation requirements under those specifications cannot be translated into requirements in conformity with the new principles. A basis of experimental data is necessary.
- Text in Swedish, abstract in English. Also pub. as ISSN-0347-6049.
- Rosengren, A
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: Asphalt; Binders; Distillates; Materials; Pavements; Sampling; Specifications; Temperature gradients
- Old TRIS Terms: Materials specifications
- Subject Areas: Highways; Materials; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00343062
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: VTI/MEDDELANDE-168
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1981 12:00AM