DIFFERENT WAYS TO MIX HAB16T (OLIKA FOERFARANDEN FOER BLANDNING AV HAB16T)
This report outlines characteristics of samples of HAB16T produced in 4 different ways and laid out on roads. The study primarily refers to rolled road surfaces but tests of unrolled substance are also included. A major point of study has been to see how cavities varies horizontally and vertically in the rolled surfaces, thereby to learn about the extent of separation. Also post-compaction, erosion, friction and levelness have been studied on the test surfaces and also, partly, in the laboratory. Post-compaction has been analyzed by taking new drill samples after one year and comparing them to earlier ones. These tests show the effects of separation. The 4 ways of production have been equal as regards substance mix (recipe), size of batch and total mixing time, but have differed as to the order in which substances have been introduced into the mix. Test results show that one method gives a significantly lower separation tendency. However, it should be noted that the asphalt works used originally were adjusted to produce according to this method. Little may yet be said about the quality of the rolled surfaces, but the tests indicate that the more homogenous production process is favorable, especially as regards friction and erosion, but also concerning post-compaction and levelness.
- Text in Swedish, abstract in English. Also pub. as ISSN-0347-6049.
- Bjoerklund, A
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 39 p.
- TRT Terms: Asphalt; Building materials; Concrete finishing; Mixing; Pavements; Seal coats
- Uncontrolled Terms: Separation
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00343061
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: VTI/MEDDELANDE-156
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1981 12:00AM