SUMMARY OF RESULTS OF ANTENNA DESIGN COST STUDIES
The Discrete Address Beacon System (DABS) will provide the primary Air Traffic Control (ATC) surveillance information for the 1980-1990 time period as it is introduced gradually as a replacement for the present Air Traffic Control Radar Beacon System (ATCRBS). This report discusses and summarizes the results of two DABS antenna system design-cost trade off studies performed by industrial concerns with substantial design, fabrication and field maintenance experience related to similar antenna systems now in the field. The data from these studies, was to be used to support other Lincoln Laboratory DABS studies leading to the definition and specification of a cost-effective system design.
Lincoln LaboratoryMassachusetts Institute of Technology
Lexington, MA USA 02173
- Sureau, J C
- Publication Date: 1974-2-19
- Pagination: 81 p.
- Accession Number: 00056913
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ATC-22
- Contract Numbers: F19628-73-C-0002, DOT-FA72WAI-261
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1974 12:00AM