ELECTRIC VEHICLE TESTING PROGRAM
The energy authority is conducting a program to encourage the development and demonstration of electric and hybrid road vehicles in New South Wales. Funds provided by the Federal Government under the NERDD program are being used to purchase three electric delivery vans to join the energy authority's electric vehicle fleet which is planned to expand to ten vehicles during 1981. Vehicles will be subjected to a two part evaluation program. One part will involve their use in normal vehicle service operations within government fleets. As far as possible, within the limitation of the vehicles, they will be subjected to the same duties as apply to petrol fuelled vehicles. Data relating to their performance will be collected and processed. The other part of the program involves detailed testing under controlled conditions to identify and seek solutions to problems arising in the use of electric and hybrid vehicles. (Author/TRRL)
- Motor Vehicle Fuel Conservation Workshop, Melbourne, February 1981.
Australian Department of National Devel and EnergyHobart Place
Canberra, A.C.T., Australia
- Somers, M L
- Publication Date: 1981-2
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Conferences; Delivery vehicles; Demonstration projects; Electric vehicles; Evaluation and assessment; Gasoline engines; Hybrid vehicles; Light trucks; Research projects; Test procedures; Vans
- ITRD Terms: 8525: Conference; 1234: Delivery vehicle; 1282: Electric vehicle; 9020: Evaluation (assessment); 8557: Research project; 6288: Test method
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Research; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00342990
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB
- Files: ITRD, TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Jan 29 1982 12:00AM