BULK TRANSPORTATION OF HAZARDOUS MATERIALS BY WATER IN THE FUTURE - A LONG-RANGE FORECAST
Contents: Future energy needs; trends in world shipping; railway transport of hazardous materials; highway transport of hazardous materials; water transportation of petroleum and petroleum products in the future; predicting ocean pollutants; vessels for special cargoes; new concepts for bulk cargo vessels; hull underwriting and the changing technology; future ports--onshore and offshore; experimental basis for control of vessels by satellite; control systems for vessels - open sea and harbor; floating superport; hazardous materials flow in intercoastal waterways--a case study of risk-exposure factors for the future of a specific area; human error in merchant marine safety; practical problems in technology assessment: a telecommunications example; future risk analysis techniques; institutional and technical problems in risk analysis; summary of conference.
- Proceedings of Conference Held at College Park, Md., 9-10 Jul 73.
National Academy of SciencesCommittee on Hazardous Materials
Washington, DC USA 20418
- Publication Date: 1973-7
- Pagination: 283 p.
- TRT Terms: Demand; Freight transportation; Hazardous materials; Inland waterways; International trade; Safety
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00056894
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-11,775-A
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1974 12:00AM