PROGRESS IN RAILROAD RESEARCH
This report describes the AAR research work now underway or planned for the near future. It also describes the facilities available at the Chicago Railroad Technical Center. It describes the AAR programs involving university research. The research projects described deal with train track dynamics, track stresses, track structure, computer models, freight car information systems, and with safety and hazardous materials.
Association of American Railroads50 F Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20001-1564
- Harris Jr, W J
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 241 p.
- TRT Terms: Car utilization (Railroads); Hazardous materials; Information systems; Rail (Railroads); Research projects; Safety; Train track dynamics
- Identifier Terms: AAR Technical Center (Chicago, Illinois); Association of American Railroads
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research programs
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00056883
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1976 12:00AM