A PROGRAM OF THEORETICAL RESEARCH ON HYDROELASTIC STABILITY
A correlation study has been performed between experimental hydrofoil flutter data and the aerodynamic flutter prediction techniques used in the aerospace industry. The use of current theoretical flutter prediction techniques flutter speeds that are unconservative when compared with the experimental data. This apparent failure to properly predict the flutter speed is not due to a failure of the theory itself, but is attributed to flow instability problems associated with the physical characteristics of the hydronamic profiles used in the flutter experiments. ( Author )
BOEING COMPANYSEATTLE, WA USA
- Rowe, William S
- Marvin, Trent BG
- Publication Date: 1968-11
- Pagination: 65 p.
- TRT Terms: Correlation analysis
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00002237
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Defense Documentation Center
- Report/Paper Numbers: D6-19395 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 30 1972 12:00AM