ALTERNATIVES IN PAVEMENT MAINTENANCE, REHABILITATION, AND RECONSTRUCTION
Solutions to problems that develop throughout the life of an asphalt pavement system are presented. Maintenance work aspects described include patching and surface treatment (single and multiple surface treatment, sand, fog, and emulsion slurry seal). Rehabilitation aspects covered include pavement preparation, surface recycling, asphalt overlays, thin overlays, open-graded wearing surfaces, and structural overlays. Pavement reconstruction and recycling including cold-mix and hot-mix recycling are also discussed. More than one technique or a combination of techniques can be used to solve a specific problem. The techniques selected should be based on a thorough engineering analysis of the pavement's current and projected condition, use, and all other factors including its environment. This must be combined with a long-range program of planning and evaluation that takes economic aspects into account.
Lexington, KY United States 40511-8480
- Publication Date: 1981-5
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Asphalt; Asphalt pavements; Cold mix paving mixtures; Driver rehabilitation; Open graded aggregates; Overlays (Pavements); Patching; Pavement maintenance; Pavement management systems; Reconstruction; Recycling; Slurry seals; Surface treating; Wearing course (Pavements)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Rehabilitation
- Old TRIS Terms: Hot patching
- Subject Areas: Construction; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Pavements; I61: Equipment and Maintenance Methods;
- Accession Number: 00342070
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: IS-178
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 28 1981 12:00AM