VALUE ENGINEERING CONFERENCE
This report is a summary of the proceedings of the two-day Value Engineering (VE) conference. It defines the concepts of VE and provides important details on how to plan and implement a VE program. Included in these details are suggestions for setting up a program, securing management support, selecting the team, and selecting the projects. Sample cost figures on the funds necessary to start a program and the returns on the investments are included. Problems which may be encountered as well as suggested solutions for those problems are discussed. The report also includes descriptions of actual VE projects that resulted from VE efforts and the savings realized from them. Finally, the report offers specific recommendations for the continuation of FHWA's VE program and the direction of VE for the future.
- Value Engineering Conference, April 8-9, 1980, Dallas, Texas.
Johnson (Lawrence) and Associates, Incorporated4545 42nd Street NW, Suite 103
Washington, DC United States 20016
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1980-8-7
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: Conferences; Costs; Implementation; Investments; Management; Planning; Value engineering
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fund allocations; Programs
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Research; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00341536
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-TS-80-246 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1981 12:00AM