UTILIZING THE CAPABILITIES OF DOPPLER SONAR TO SOLVE THE NAVIGATION PROBLEMS
A Doppler Sonar system which possesses greater "over-the-bottom" depth capability, can operate in shallower depths, and which has a greater low velocity sensing and updating capability than any competitive system, is described. Doppler theory and description, an analysis of deep ocean Doppler performance, system accuracy, and various other components that can be added to the basic system to provide a complete navigational information system, are all discussed and explained in the paper.
- Presented at the Fifth Annual Offshore Technology Conference held in Houston, Texas, 29 April-2 May 1974.
Offshore Technology Conference (5th)6200 North Central Expressway
Dallas, TX United States 75206
- Jones, H P
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Doppler navigation; Doppler sonar; Navigation devices; Navigation systems; Sonic navigation
- Old TRIS Terms: Navigation equipment
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00056705
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Maritime Research Center, Kings Point
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM