RAILROAD ELECTROMAGNETIC COMPATIBILITY (EMC): PROCEEDINGS OF A SYMPOSIUM SPONSORED BY THE RAILROAD EMC WORKING GROUP--ASSOCIATION OF AMERICAN RAILROADS, INSTITUTE OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS, AMERICAN RAILWAY ENGINEERING ASSOCIATION
The Symposium on Railroad Electromagnetic Compatibility (May 14-15, 1980) consisted of five technical sessions on electric traction power distribution systems, locomotive and other propulsion systems, communication and power lines paralleling the right-of-way, signal and control, and measurement techniques; a special session giving an overview of the Transportation Test Center; and a special session on the activities of the Railroad Electromagnetic Compatibility Working Group. This report consists of the twenty papers presented at the technical sessions, summaries of the discussions held during those sessions, the working group's activity report, and the text of the keynote speech delivered by Southern Railway System President H.H. Hall.
- Symposium held May 14-15, 1980 at University of Southern Colorado in Pueblo, Colorado, and was hosted by the Federal Railroad Administration.
Unified Industries, Incorporated6600 Loisdale Court, Suite 400
Springfield, VA United States 22150
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1981-1
- Pagination: 219 p.
- TRT Terms: Cables; Communications; Diesel electric locomotives; Electric locomotives; Electric power conditioning; Electromagnetic interference; Inductive interference; Interference; Radio; Railroad electrification; Safety; Signaling
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00341246
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-80/46 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-9044
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 15 1981 12:00AM