RESISTANCE OF A FREIGHT TRAIN TO FORWARD MOTION--VOLUME IV-USER'S MANUAL FOR FREIGHT TRAIN FUEL CONSUMPTION PROGRAM
This document provides information concerning a computer program devised to predict fuel consumption of a freight train operated over a track with known characteristics. The information is of value to both the user who wants merely to utilize the capabilities of the program and the programmers who need to understand its inner workings. The program is listed in its entirety in the document.
- Record URL:
- Computer program available on magnetic tape, see FRA/ORD/MT-78/04.IV.
Mitre Corporation1820 Dolley Madison Boulevard
McLean, VA United States 22102
Washington, DC United States 20590
- MUHLENBERG, J D
- Publication Date: 1981-2
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 62 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Freight trains; Fuel consumption; Railroad trains; Resistance (Mechanics); Train operations
- Identifier Terms: FORTRAN (Computer program language)
- Old TRIS Terms: Ibm 370; Train performance calculator; Train resistance
- Subject Areas: Energy; Freight Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00341243
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-78/04.IV Final Rpt., MTR-80W00127
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-54090
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 15 1981 12:00AM