SELECTED CHARACTERISITCS OF TRAVEL TO WORK IN 20 METROPOLITAN AREAS: 1977
This report is one in a series of publication contain information from the Travel-to-Work Supplement to the 1977 Annual Housing Survey (AHS). Travel-to-Work data for 20 standard metropolitan statistical areas (SMSA) are contained in this report. The report includes data on: Major mode of transportation to work; workers commuting by automobile or truck; workers driving alone, riding in carpools or using public transportation; change in commuter use of public transportation 1970 to 1977; median time and distance from home to work; and total commuter miles traveled.
Bureau of the CensusDepartment of Commerce
Washington, DC United States 20233
- Publication Date: 1981-1
- Features: Appendices; Tables;
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile travel; Carpools; Data collection; Metropolitan areas; Public transit; Surveys; Travel patterns; Travel time; Trip length; Work trips
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00341209
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1981 12:00AM