TRAVEL TO WORK PATTERNS: A PRELIMINARY ANALYSIS OF SELECTED DATA FROM THE ANNUAL HOUSING SURVEY TRAVEL-TO-WORK FILE
The annual housing survey travel-to-work file has provided researchers and practitioners with an opportunity to describe the travel patterns of various socioeconomic and geographic population subgroups, and to explore the relationship between other transportation related variables. The report addresses twelve questions representing the following five topic areas: (1) travel-to-work patterns of selected groups including men, women, working wives, female household heads, residents of public and subsidized housing, residents of mobile homes, and residents of various size communities; (2) travel-to-work mode shift patterns of American workers; (3) the relationship between the perception and use of public transit; (4) the interrelationships of perceived neighborhood attributes and travel patterns; and (5) the relationships between residential mobility and travel patterns. Both the 1975 national sample and the 1975-76 Atlanta, Chicago, and San Francisco SMSA samples were used.
University of North Carolina, Chapel HillDepartment of City and Regional Planning
CB 3140, New East Hall
Chapel Hill, NC United States 27599-3140
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Rohe, W M
- Stokes, M
- Zatarain, K
- Barbour, L
- Publication Date: 1980-9
- Pagination: 183 p.
- TRT Terms: Census; Data analysis; Data collection; Females; Households; Mathematical analysis; Mobility; Modal shift; Neighborhoods; Persons by socioeconomic levels; Public transit; Socioeconomic factors; Statistical analysis; Surveys; Travel patterns; Urban transportation; Work trips
- Geographic Terms: California; Georgia; Illinois
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Economics; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00338230
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-NC-11-0009-81-1Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 16 1982 12:00AM