NEW YORK MTA MANAGEMENT STUDY. VOLUME IV: RAIL OPERATIONS
Volume IV is a summary of the dual operations of the (The Metropolitan Transportation Authority) MTA. It includes the major conclusions and recommendations of the tasks dealing with both rapid rail transit and commuter rail operations. The summary covers a detailed analysis of rapid rail transit personnel productivity and car maintenance activities, as well as an analysis of commuter rail personnel productivity and commuter railcar maintenance for the Long Island Rail Road (LIRR).
- See also Volume 3, PB81-199432 and Volume 5, PB81-199457. Also available in set of 5 reports PC E99, PB81-199408.
Booz-Allen and Hamilton, IncorporatedTransportation Consulting Division, 400 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA United States 19106
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1980-1
- Pagination: 400 p.
- TRT Terms: Administration; Budgeting; Commuter service; Finance; Financial capital; Maintenance; Maintenance management; Management; Metropolitan areas; Operations; Passenger cars; Personnel; Planning; Productivity; Railroad cars; Railroad commuter service; Railroad transportation; Rapid transit; Rolling stock; Systems analysis; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Urban transportation; Vehicle maintenance
- Identifier Terms: New York State Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- Uncontrolled Terms: Financial management; Management systems; Systems management; Transportation management
- Geographic Terms: New York (New York); New York (State)
- Old TRIS Terms: Metropolitan transportation authority; Operations planning; Passenger car maintenance; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Society; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00337975
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-09-0058-81-4
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 15 1981 12:00AM