NEW YORK MTA MANAGEMENT STUDY. VOLUME 3: BUS OPERATIONS
Volume III contains the analysis of the operations and financial performance indicators for New York City Transit Authority's Surface Division--TA Surface and Manhattan and Bronx Surface Transit Operating Authority (MaBSTOA). This Surface Division operates the largest bus fleet in the U.S. (over 4,200 buses). This volume consists of the following sections: (1) analysis of performance indicators for TA Surface Division; (2) comparative analysis of depot performance; (3) cost center analysis of TA Surface Division; and (4) three appendices dealing with operating statistics, methodology and model description, and actual and expected performance indicator statistics.
- See also Volume 2, PB81-199424 and Volume 4, PB81-199440. Also available in set of 5 reports PC E99, PB81-199408.
Booz-Allen and Hamilton, IncorporatedTransportation Consulting Division, 400 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA United States 19106
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1980-1
- Pagination: 285 p.
- TRT Terms: Administration; Analysis; Budgeting; Bus lines; Buses; Cost estimating; Costs; Estimates; Finance; Financial capital; Fleet management; Intermodal terminals; Management; Metropolitan areas; Operating costs; Operations; Performance; Planning; Productivity; Statistical analysis; Statistics; Systems analysis; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: New York City Transit Authority; New York State Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Depots; Financial management; Fleets; Management systems; Systems management; Transportation management
- Geographic Terms: New York (New York); New York (State)
- Old TRIS Terms: Metropolitan transportation authority; Operations planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Finance; Highways; Motor Carriers; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00337974
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-09-0058-81-3
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 15 1981 12:00AM