NEW YORK MTA MANAGEMENT STUDY. VOLUME 2: PLANNING
In this volume, the planning tasks investigated aspects of capital, operating, and financial planning of the (Metropolitan Transportation Authority) MTA and its subsidiaries. The major areas of concentration were: (1) capital planning process at the New York City Transit Authority (TA) and the Long Island Rail Road (LIRR); (2) service planning and coordination in all MTA transit units; and (3) financial planning, mainly at MTA headquarters. This volume contains specific recommendations for improving aspects of capital and operating planning activities of the MTA and its subsidiaries.
- See also Volume 1, PB81-199416 and Volume 3, PB81-199432. Also available in set of 5 reports PC E99, PB81-199408.
Booz-Allen and Hamilton, IncorporatedTransportation Consulting Division, 400 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA United States 19106
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1980-1
- Pagination: 412 p.
- TRT Terms: Administration; Budgeting; Commuter service; Coordination; Finance; Financial capital; Financing; Level of service; Management; Metropolitan areas; Operations; Planning; Railroad transportation; Rapid transit; Systems analysis; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: Long Island Rail Road; New York City Transit Authority; New York State Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- Uncontrolled Terms: Financial management; Management systems; Services; Systems management; Transportation management
- Geographic Terms: Long Island (New York); New York (New York); New York (State)
- Old TRIS Terms: Metropolitan transportation authority; Operations planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00337973
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-09-0058-81-2
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 15 1981 12:00AM