NEW YORK MTA MANAGEMENT STUDY. VOLUME 1: SUMMARY REPORT
The objective of the 5-volume management study was to identify those areas of the MTA's (The Metropolitan Transportation Authority) structure, finance, responsiveness to the public management and operations in need of strengthening, and to propose methodologies and alternative strategies to affect them. The overall goal is the improvement in the quality and performance of transit service and the improved use of available financial resources. Thirteen individual tasks were addressed that investigated the capital planning, bus operations, rail operations, and the organization and management structure of MTA. Volume I, presents the major conclusions and recommendations of the consultant portion of Phase III of the study. The study concentrates on specific aspects of the planning, operations and management of the MTA and its subsidiaries.
- See also Volume 2, PB81-199424. Also available in set of 5 reports PC E99, PB81-199408.
Booz-Allen and Hamilton, IncorporatedTransportation Consulting Division, 400 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA United States 19106
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1980-1
- Pagination: 44 p.
- TRT Terms: Administration; Budgeting; Bus lines; Buses; City planning; Commuter service; Cost effectiveness; Counties; Finance; Financial capital; Improvements; Level of service; Management; Metropolitan areas; Operations; Planning; Rapid transit; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: Long Island Rail Road; New York City Transit Authority; New York State Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- Uncontrolled Terms: Financial management; Management systems; Services; Systems management; Transportation management
- Geographic Terms: New York (State)
- Old TRIS Terms: Metropolitan transportation authority; Operations planning; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Highways; Motor Carriers; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00337972
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-09-0058-81-1
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 15 1981 12:00AM