OEFFENTLICHER NAHVERKEHR (SURFACE TRANSFER AND TRAFFIC - PUBLIC LOCAL TRAFFIC)
Government subsidies and points of emphasis are presented for problems of local rapid transit based on the realities of desirable technical innovations not always being available when needed, insufficient responsibility for accidents and safety, insufficient savings in energy and raw materials, lasting improvements in public transit organizations not to be expected etc. Selected development plans and projects are outlined and described, among which the cabin taxi, the cabin lift and the H train of Siemens and DUEWAG in Erlangen and Duesseldorf, the compact train, the RETAX and the 'bus on call', together with the DUO bus, the VOV bus II. A description is also given of the improved hydro shield method, followed by a listing of the studies and publications in the short distance traffic sector subsidied by the Ministry of Transportation.
- Text in German. Color illustrations reproduced in black and white.
Bundesministerium fuer Forschung und TechnologieBonn-Bad Godesberg, Germany
Bonn-Bad Godesborg (Germany, F.R.).,
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Buses; Rapid transit; Structural design; Technological innovations; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Design; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00337897
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1981 12:00AM