TRANSIT RELIABILITY INFORMATION PROGRAM PARTICIPANTS GUIDELINES
The document provides guidelines for participation in the Transit Reliability Information Program (TRIP). TRIP is a government-initiated program designed to assist the transit industry in satisfying its need for transit equipment reliability data. TRIP provides this assistance through the operation of a national Data Bank. The primary purpose of the TRIP Data Bank is to provide a computer-based system for the collection, analysis, and reporting of reliability information on transit equipment. The report is designed to familiarize prospective participants and users of TRIP with the operation, capabilities, and use of the Data Bank. TRIP will encompass all classes of transit equipment, including, for example, rail rapid vehicles; track and structures; wayside ATO/ATC; transit buses; automatic fare collection, etc.
Dynamics Research Corporation60 Concord Street
Wilmington, MA United States 01887
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Silvia, P J
- Publication Date: 1981-3
- Pagination: 155 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic fare collection; Automatic train control; Automatic train operation; Buses; Data analysis; Data banks; Data collection; Databases; Equipment; Guidelines; Information dissemination; Information processing; Information storage and retrieval systems; Information systems; Mathematical analysis; Railroad tracks; Rapid transit; Rapid transit cars; Reliability; Ticket vending machines; Track components; Vehicle components
- Uncontrolled Terms: Performance analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Bases vehicles; Rapid transit railways; Track structures
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00337883
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-UMTA-81-5 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1559
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 15 1982 12:00AM