UNITED KINGDOM EXPERIENCE IN PLUTONIUM TRANSPORTATION
This paper describes the extensive experience of the UKAEA and British Nuclear Fuels Limited in transporting plutonium within the UK over the last 20 years and to destinations overseas since the early 1960s. The aspects covered include: the form of plutonium transported (nitrate, oxide, mixed oxide etc.); UK and international regulations (e.g. covering safety and safeguards matters); insurance; container design; mode of transport; physical protection; and a safety analysis. Costs are estimated to be largely independent of quantity. (Atomindex citation 11:541570)
- U.S. Sales Only.
International Nuclear Fuel Cycle Evaluation, England
- Publication Date: 1978-11
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Containers; Hazardous materials; Plutonium; Radioactive materials; Radioactive materials; Regulations; Safety; Transportation; Transportation policy
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- Old TRIS Terms: Transport regulations; Ukaea
- Subject Areas: Law; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00337771
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1981 12:00AM