METRO SECTION A-15G, SHADY GROVE ROUTE, GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING REPORT, PROPOSED PEDESTRIAN BRIDGE, ROCKVILLE MALL, ROCKVILLE, MARYLAND. METRO REPORT
Results are summarized of 4 test borings made in Section A-15g of the Rockville Route of the Metro Rapid Transit System. The exploration was performed to investigate foundation conditions for the pedestrian bridge linking Rockville Station with Rockville Mall. The report includes a continuous geologic section along the bridge piers, logs of test borings, and comments on design and construction alternatives.
- Sponsored in part by Rockville, MD. Prepared in cooperation with DeLeuw, Cather and Co., Inc., Washington, DC.
Schnabel Engineering Associates4909 Cordell Avenue
Bethesda, MD United States 20014
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority600 Fifth Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1980-11-18
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Boring; Bridge design; Bridge piers; Bridges; Construction; Footbridges; Foundations; Geological surveying; Geotechnical engineering; Logging (Recording); Rapid transit; Rock mechanics; Routes; Structural design; Subways; Testing
- Geographic Terms: Maryland
- Old TRIS Terms: Foundation investigations; Subsurface explorations; Subway construction
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Design; Geotechnology; Highways; I24: Design of Bridges and Retaining Walls; I41: General Soil Surveys;
- Accession Number: 00337394
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: WMATA/MR-151-A
- Contract Numbers: WMATA-M80295
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1981 12:00AM